Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quick update!

I thought I would send out a quick update as I know many of you are curious as to how Cameron is doing.  We have enjoyed our few days home immensely.  He has slept well; I think his bed never felt better to him.  His energy level has been high even though they told us to expect the opposite.  We went to clinic yesterday for a blood check.  Looking at his labs, it’s obvious his counts are starting to plummet.  However, while we were there, he had the nurse practitioners laughing hysterically with his singing and silly ways.  They are stunned he is feeling so good and are becoming aware that despite his skinny little frame, he is a tough little boy.  Today he has had some nausea but really hasn’t felt “bad”.  So far, no fever which is wonderful.  We return to clinic on Thursday (unless something changes beforehand) and I suspect he may need some platelets or blood.  I, again, have had to place the thought of transfusions into the Lord’s hands.  It’s not the easiest pill to swallow as a mom; thinking of your child getting bags of blood from a stranger.  But, Christ has carried us so far and I know this is covered too.  Everyone is somewhat scratching their heads trying to figure out how he has done so well.  I know, and many of you know, it is the result of the MANY prayers which have been lifted for Action!  Please keep them coming for the Lord is shining through every aspect of this journey.  As I am writing this, words of the apostle Paul came to mind.  He says in Romans “for I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  Assuredly, cancer is no exception! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LeAnn, I am keeping my prayers going for Cameron. He is amazing and so are you and Ernest. I know it is so very hard on Connor, too, so I pray for all 4 of you, and of course, your mom and dad.
Love, Aunt Jan