Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Day One Complete

Well, day one is complete. I was expecting the worst but Cameron, being the strong boy he is, did exceptionally well. Words cannot express the feeling we experienced this morning as we watched the nurse remove the first of his chemo drugs from the bag and begin to push it into his line. I thought Ernest and I were both going to pass out. It was surreal! Cameron was asleep and once the first drug was in, we both just started to cry. Next was the drug to protect his ears; the one which could pose a problem with his blood pressure. Ironically, his blood pressure actually rose when the drug was administered. Then came his second chemo drug of the day; a six hour drip and the most "nasty" of the three which he will be receiving. I fully expected him to be sick to his stomach all day on this particular drug. But he is Action and he only vomited four times; all which were induced by his getting out of bed. Once we figured out how to help him go to the bathroom laying down, the nausea subsided and his attitude improved tremendously. He was back to being Cameron tonight; playing with bubbles Ms. Ginny brought by and of course, rolling his cars around the bed. He is such a trooper. I know, without a doubt, the Lord was carrying us all through today. Thank you to all who remembered to lift Cameron up on his first day of chemotherapy. We have been told the drug which he will be given the next two days is much milder than today. So we are hoping that holds true for Cameron and that he will have a wonderful two days. For now, the first day of round one is complete. We made it, he made it, and God showed His grace, peace, and love to each of us in abundance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for all of ya'll. I know that this is hard on each family member in their own way. I have a good friend in L.A. and friends and family here and there praying too. I love ya'll and again. you are blessing all who read with your faith and courage and letting us share Cameron. Love, Aunt Jan