Cameron was taken to the Pediatric ICU around 1:30am. His temperature was such that the thermometer couldn’t even register it, his heart rate was very high, and his blood pressure was low. They have determined he has staph bacteria in his blood and feared he was on the verge of septic shock so they took him in the PICU and put in an arterial line to monitor his blood pressure more closely as well as have a line available if needed. Needless to say, it wasn’t a pleasant procedure for him. I had to giggle a bit because he just kept saying, through tears, to the doctor, “I’m very angry at you…you hurt my hand, I’m very angry at you.” There has to be a little joy in his honesty. We expect to be there through the weekend and into the first of next week. Please pray his fever goes away and that he begins to respond to the many antibiotics/antifungal he is presently on. Pray for Ernest and I as well as we are running on empty.
Just an update...Cam has stabilized with his BP and heart rate and while he spiked another fever this morning, he was able to fight it off with a single dose of Tylenol. So while we're definitely not completely out of crisis mode, he's at least out of immediate danger. He needs prayers for the antibiotics to be able to fight off the two different issues he's dealing with as QUICKLY as possible to help him get out of this immediate situation.
2 comments:
LeAnn and Ernest,
I have been out of town for some time now and have just checked
your blog again. We are so sorry to see that you have been through so much lately, but we wanted to let you know that Blake and I are praying for all of you. I know you are all exhausted but I am glad to see that you are relying on your only true source for survival in a situation such as this. Please know we love you and will continue to pray for you! Jane and Blake
Hey Guys! I have been keeping track of everyone through Wanda. I really hate to hear that Cameron is running a fever. Hopefully the doctors can get everything under control. Please let me know if there is anything I can do at any time. I promise to continue to remember all of you in my prayers. I miss being able to see you guys!
Joni
Post a Comment