Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A LONG Night!

Yesterday, Cameron took his chemotherapy to perfection but last night, well, that is another story.  His urine output ceased about 9pm.  When I woke up around 3am, I realized he had not urinated in around 6 hours (not a good thing on chemotherapy).  I woke him up but his output was very slim and discolored so I immediately went and got the nurse.  When they tested his urine, sure enough, something was up.  The intern for the evening tried to tell me this was normal and how our bodies “produce less urine at night” to which I politely responded, “that is not acceptable.”  Luckily it was my turn to stay with him; I’m more assertive than Ernest. I pushed them for fluids and turns out, after 350mL of fluid, he still wasn’t urinating and they had to give him a dose of Lasix.  Finally, things improved but in the meantime, he spiked a fever; a fever which miraculously disappeared once he began to urinate.  However, I was so mad at the lazy intern that I couldn’t get back to sleep.  I’m still mad about it.  Thank God I was persistent because who knows where Cameron would be had they just “watched him” as she desired to do.  The good news though is that Day 2 of chemotherapy is complete and thus far, he hasn’t experienced any nausea.  One more day and we are halfway home with the chemo!  Thank you all for your prayers.  I’m off to the gym to run off my frustrations and then to Target to order my sweet Cameron’s birthday cake.  Any guesses to what he desires for the top…Hot Wheels of course!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear LeAnn, you keep on being assertive for your child. I am SO proud of you! God gives us the true grit to do what we have to do! You know that you are Cameron's soldier and protector and that God has given you the courage it takes! Thank you for sharing and I am praying and have many others praying, too. Love, Aunt Jan