Yesterday was a hard day for Cameron, and me. He woke up and was more nauseated than he had been thus far. We had to go to clinic for blood counts which were still ok. While we were at Duke, he felt so horrible; prompting the nurse practitioner to order him another IV medication for nausea before we left. He went to sleep and pretty much slept the whole afternoon. When he woke up, he was still a little out of it and I was just depressed. I can take him being sick, having a fever, crying, etc. but to see my full of life little boy so lifeless, it was just a knife in my heart. I called Ernest from the car as I headed to the store, almost in tears, about the day. But God is so faithful and when I returned from the store, I found a happy little Cameron playing upstairs. He was in such a good mood and even ate some supper; the first time in weeks. Today, he threw up once but is feeling good. I am guessing this is how things will be for the duration of his treatment. The good news is no fever yet. We are hoping this holds for the week. I’ll update soon.
Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.
However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.
However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Yesterday was hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment