Well we are finally home and Cameron is overjoyed to be back in his own house with all his old, and new, toys. Even though we had two scary nights with his vitals, the week went very well; better than anyone anticipated. His nausea seems to come on Day One more so than any other day of chemotherapy. However, he still only vomited a couple of times over the course of the week; much better than last round. Yesterday was Cameron’s birthday and even though stem cells were delayed, putting a damper on our party (he was a bit drugged up on Benadryl), he still had fun opening gifts and seeing his many visitors. The nurses decorated his door and all wished him well. Two of his radiation technicians came over to bring him a little gift from them and even Cameron’s neurosurgeon called all the way from
Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.
However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.
However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Home again, home again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy belated birthday to Cam! Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for your family. EJ- I am sorry I didn't get by the funeral home to see you and your family on Saturday. I know you had a great relationship with your grandmother and that her loss must be difficult for you.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to keep up with your blog lately. I have sat here tonight with tears running down my cheeks as I catch up on all that has been going on with Cam in the past several months. Kids are so amazing and inspirational in how they handle things most adults could never dream of. Cam seems like he's a great kid and and the Lord is using him at 7 years of age! It is also obvious to all who read your blog that the Lord is truly giving strength to all of you during this trial. Trials are a part of life that if we have a choice, we'd rather not have. But, in the end, we look back and see all of the good things that the Lord has done in and through that time including drawing us closer to Him. May He continue to show Himself mighty, powerful and present to you each day... whether in a song, a spoken or written word or a still small voice.
Cam is such a fighter and will have an awesome testimony of God's faithfulness to share in the years to come. Thanks for the reminder that life is too precious for us not to appreciate each day we are given. I needed that reminder.
Please know that we love you all here in Lavonia and many prayers are lifted up each day in your behalf. I'll leave you with my favorite verse from Jer. 29:11
"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a future and a HOPE (thus my Kailey's middle name...Kailey Hope).
God bless,
Leslie (Dove) and Chris Chitwood
chrisandleslie91@yahoo.com
i'm glad to hear he's doing well. happy belated birthday to cameron. mrs. germano told me on friday that she had went over there and seen him after i called her and told her that i can now teach in NC schools. i just received my K-6 licensure! i'm thankful to have worked with her classroom and to have met cameron! :) i pray for you guys everyday! keep up the good faith.
Dear LeAnn; I am so glad you are home! God is Good.. All the Time! Even when we are going through what you are, we can for a moment, think of going through it without Jesus; and then simply Praise God for His Presence and His Love. You have no idea what a witness you are! When trying times come, which they come to all, your faith has helped you see God's loving hand and His comfort. I pray that anyone who is lost can see Jesus and His Love through you and your family. I am so thankful to you for sharing so that all of us can see how God is with you, each step of the way. How many times we fail to see God at work in our lives, yet you have logged it in for all to see! You are blessing my heart. Each time I call for prayer for Cameron, I see people more and more getting personal in their prayers, and it is because you are guiding us to pray specifically with your willingness to share. With love and prayers, Aunt Jan
Post a Comment