I will be honest, I am struggling to write this evening. I'm exhausted mentally, emotionally, physically, and at times spiritually. But I know how many people look for updates and love my little boy. It is very humbling to ponder the fact there are so many people who love and pray for us; many who don't even know who we are. Since my last post, it has been interesting around the Jackson house. Last week was a week of ups and downs. We think Cameron may have had a seizure last Tuesday. It's hard to know for sure because instead of making a flying trip to the ER, we just stayed at home and watched him closely with a million things running through our minds. The following day, Cameron slept most of the day; only waking up to eat a bite or two. We feared the worst was approaching. However, I am so happy to report that we had a terrific weekend. Cameron is still sleeping a lot but when he is awake, he is AWAKE. His little giggle is like music to my ears. His funny jokes makes us all smile. And his daily, "mommy, do you know how much I love you? More than you could ever know" are memories I'll cherish forever. Oh how ashamed I am to have taken those moments for granted with both Connor and Cameron prior to this ordeal.
Last Thursday, Cameron was up early...he simply could not wait to flip his calendar to September. As I watched the excitement in his eyes, I wondered where we all would be if we had the same enthusiasm to simply be gifted another day. Saying "we aren't promised tomorrow" is easy; living it is much harder. I think EJ and I have both gotten to the point where we refuse to be angry anymore and just take one day at a time...living, trusting, believing and praying the Lord will provide what we need to simply get through that hour, that day, that week. I'm not sure what God has in store for us in the days ahead. The fact is, it is September and Cameron being with us is simply a miracle in itself. Love to you all.
5 comments:
Nothing to be said, just wanted to send you a hug.
All of you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers daily. We can't even imagine the depths of your exhaustion. May you find comfort in knowing that we lift all of you up in prayer each day praying that God will give each of you the strength He knows you need and will continue to fill your heart with His peace. Even though you are exhausted, we thank you for sharing your time with us to keep us updated.
Sending you love, prayers, and hugs,
Paige
Thank you for struggling through this post to update us. Continuing to pray for all of you and so thankful that we has a Jesus that can give us what we need to get through each moment. LOL
We are thinking about and praying for your family and Cameron. Thank you for the update. I'm so glad you are getting some giggles and play time. THank you for the reminders to cherish every moment with our children.
Tina and the Steeds
i just want to say hello, and wish you all the very very best. lots of love to Cameron and the family! What a gift of a child! Blessings!
Wayne Scott
Post a Comment