Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Better day

Thankfully the hiccups are gone. And after doing a little research online, we discovered it is common to have hiccups following a high dose of steroid which makes sense considering we gave him a big dose of Decadron on Sunday night and the hiccups arrived on Monday. Who knew?!

Cameron slept most of the day today but when he was awake, he seemed to be feeling better. It's hard to know if he is truly feeling better or if the pain meds are just masking symptoms. His eating and drinking picked up a bit too which made EJ and I feel better. Since Sunday, his intake has been really low. We are facing a big decision with Cameron regarding whether to have his port replaced for better access. I will be honest, the thoughts of sending him back to the OR is terrifying but I'm also scared of not being able to control his pain if a day comes down the road when giving him meds orally becomes an issue. Please pray for clarity regarding this decision.

As for the rest of us, we are hanging in there. As I type, I am listening to Connor and EJ downstairs discussing the baseball games in extra innings and it is making me smile...why...well it sounds like a "normal" thing for a father/son to do. I was out running today and began thinking about the peace I feel; peace that I know is the result of so many prayers being lifted for our family. Praying has been very difficult for me for months now because I just don't know where to even start. So I thank all of you who continue to pray for things we cannot right now. Love to you all...

3 comments:

Terri Wasley said...

We are glad Cam is better, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
With understanding,
The Wasley Family

Debbie Whorley said...

Praying for God to give you wisdom concerning the port. What did you decide to do about his MRI Monday?
Continually lifting you to our Heavenly Father's throne!

Anonymous said...

Praying that God will guide you and give you peace in making the decisions about Cameron's port this week and his upcoming MRI. At those times when you don't have the strength to pray, find comfort in knowing that you can lean on the prayers of the many who are constantly lifting up your precious family to our Shepherd.
With love,
Paige (and Cole)