Not too much has changed since my last post. We feel like we have gotten Cameron's pain under control but the strangest thing happened yesterday...the hiccups arrived. And when I say they arrived, I mean they arrived. I slept with him last night and he hiccuped all night. I don't know if this is a side effect of the bolus of steroid we gave him or his disease affecting something in his brain. But when he woke up this morning, he was complaining that his chest hurt really bad and I would imagine it was the result of hiccuping for hours and hours. Not to mention, I cannot image he was able to sleep much last night. Within the past two hours though, they seemed to have gotten better and he is actually sleeping. Dr. G prescribed a patch that will hopefully help if the hiccups return.
To say I'm exhausted would be an understatement. Hoping the storm will calm soon.
2 comments:
I follow Cam's blog regularly and have never really commented before because though we go to the same church I don't really know you guys very well. I did get to know Cam a couple summers ago when I was doing the games at VBS and he is truly an inspiration!
The reason I'm finally writing is we have a surefire cure for the hiccups that has never failed us and I thought might be worth a try. It is a small kitchen spoon of sugar OR lemon juice (we always use sugar cause who wants lemon juice). It might be worth a try before trying something stronger.
Tim Beard
Thoughts and prayers to all of you from Michael and everyone at the PBTF.
Post a Comment