Well this week was going great. We had a great Memorial Day together, Cameron had a play date with a friend on Wednesday and then Thursday morning hit. We heard him around 5am moaning and he had a severe headache. This was followed up with vomiting and he was just lethargic. Because he couldn't keep anything down, we headed to Duke fearing a lot of things. As soon as we walked in the door, the nurse quickly took us to the Day Hospital and within 15 minutes, they had his port accessed and began the arsenal of medications to help his pain level. All day, he was semi-responsive to us, Dr. G and the nurses. He really didn't open his eyes much and just slept. I think it was a combination of the medications and his pain but needless to say, we were beside ourselves. They made the decision to keep him overnight and for the first time in years, we headed back to 5100; a place we know all too well. However around 7:30 Thursday night, he opened his eyes and began to talk. So we stayed one night but were thankfully able to come home yesterday.
We are so thankful he is feeling better but the emotional roller coaster we are riding is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. Please continue to keep us all in your prayers.
2 comments:
I will definitely keep you guys and little Cameron in my prayers. Hang in there!
Love in Christ,
Jeff Daniel
UGA Athletics
I pray for your family everyday!
Post a Comment