Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good days...

Since my last post, Cameron has been having really good days. He's only had one headache since he left the hospital which is a huge praise. We are trying to adjust his steroids again so that he is awake a little more during the day. But all in all, he's feeling pretty good. He's back to drawing which is wonderful to see. I'm sure I will have quite the collection of artwork by Cameron to admire forever. And he's back to his laptop searching on Ebay for Hot Wheels he doesn't have. I have quickly learned that its more cost efficient to just order them off Ebay instead of driving from Target to Wal-Mart to Target to Wal-Mart however he loves searching the shelves so much its hard to say no to his weekly (sometimes daily) trips for cars. Haha! And Ernest and I have been busy planning his birthday parties. Yes I said parties!!! Actually I think we are just going to celebrate the entire month of July. He is really excited about turning 10 soon and we are hoping to make it an amazing time for him. For those of you who have asked for specifics to pray for...that is it...that he continues to feel well to celebrate his birthday on July 11th. Love to you all.

No comments: