I am so happy to say that last week came and went. Not sure if it was exhaustion from the St. Baldrick's event or just the reality of our life at this time but last week is one I'd rather forget. I think Cameron ended up with a headache every day last week; something that drastically changes the mood in our house with the words "oh my head". Several times I knew his head was hurting and when asked, he would say "no I'm fine." I'm not sure if he has a high tolerance to pain or is getting to the point where he feels the need to not be completely honest about his pain level to keep us from worrying but either way, its frustrating to know how to handle the situation. And when he feels bad, I feel bad and it begins affecting every aspect of my life...work, friendships, sleep, and well just everything. But through my emotional exhaustion, I forced myself to church Sunday morning and as always, God sent what I needed to start another week and continue on.
But in the midst of his headaches, we had some fun too. I was able to take him to the pool one day and he had the best time floating around in his tube and splashing his brother with giggles unending. He was also able to go with Ernest to the NASCAR race in Charlotte to see the "racing cars." Of course he came home with several cars to add to his collection as well. Speaking of cars, the funniest thing happened the other night. He had been really quiet...something that always worries me. It's in these moments that I wonder if he is in pain or if he is thinking about the road ahead of him. Even though we have told him, I can't seem to figure out if he really comprehends the severity of his condition. Or perhaps, he truly doesn't worry. But anyway, he had been really quiet so I start asking,
"Cam do you feel bad?"..."No"
"Cam does anything hurt?"..."No"
"Cam are you thinking about something?"..."No"
"Cam are you worried about something?"..."No"
"Cam, are you HAPPY about something?"..."YES" and he points to his favorite HotWheels hanging on his closet door and smiles
Oh to have that kind of carefree outlook on life!!! I only hope to one day be able to wake up and make the most out of every single day and not worry about tomorrow.
2 comments:
Love, love, love that Hot Wheels makes Cam happy!
I just wanted to leave you a note to let you know that we are still praying for you all. I don't understand God's plan, but it has been a blessing to me to read your words and know that you are walking by faith and honest with your struggles. It is a reminder to me that God blesses us each day if we choose to look around.
Post a Comment