It's been a great few weeks. Yes, Cameron has had some headaches and we have been treating the headaches with pain meds as they happen but the time in between is filled with his talking, giggles, and smiles again. I love seeing him happy and wanting to play. The other night, he told EJ, "Dad when you are finished with cutting the grass, can we have family game night." So when EJ came in, that is what we did...we sat in the floor and played Candyland and Operation and Sorry (he laughed everytime he booted me back to home). The other great thing about his coming off the steroid is that he is starting to lose some of the weight he gained since taking them. I really feel like if he can get some weight off, he will just feel better all around. So, no complaining here...I couldn't ask for better days.
So I have to admit, the past month has been really hard for me. I think we are both just emotionally and physically exhausted; exhaustion that leaves you barely able to keep your head above water and wondering "where are you Lord?" I was encouraged this past weekend by my cousin that while I may not be receiving the ultimate healing I desire for Cameron, to keep my eyes open for God's grace flowing. Whew...what a task when you are broken. A few things from this week I have to note...1) Cam has an oncologist that calls to check on him daily 2) the owner and another employee at Jay Andrews salon in Apex made a special trip to our house to cut Cameron's hair; and they even left the pomade he loves so much 3) out of the blue, Cam's dentist calls to check on him and offers a ride in his Porsche...which interesting enough Cam brought up he wanted to do the week before 4) I finally found a little time to start reading the book "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman that a sweet friend recommended months ago 5) I registered for the Women's Retreat with my church and 6) we are still a family of FOUR! Love to you all.
1 comment:
Kell really loved that book:
http://twitter.com/#!/kellyomelia/status/98222888800358400
Post a Comment