Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Friday, December 16, 2011

It took two cars...

When Cam passed, we asked everyone to bring a small toy to the visitation/service for the children at Duke. So today, I packed up all the gifts and headed to Duke.

Sweet little Brianna went with me to "help the kids with cancer"

IT TOOK TWO CARS to get everything to Duke. Walking in the doors almost felt like being at home. It was our home for almost four years. The big items went to the fifth floor for the all the children who will be spending Christmas at the hospital.

The smaller items went to the fourth floor of the Children's Health Center where so many children come in for chemo, blood transfusions, check-ups, good news, bad news, and everything in between. We STUFFED the toy chest.

The best part...I got to see all the wonderful ladies who took such great care of my Cameron for so many years. And of course, Dr. G stopped by to say hello.

I hugged them all, wished them a Merry Christmas, and before I knew what I was saying, "I miss you guys" came out of my mouth. The truth is, I do miss them. They became a part of our life, a part of our family. I miss them, I miss Cam, I miss our life before cancer. But I gotta say...today was the "Best Day Ever". Thank you to all who contributed toys and made today possible. Cam would have been sooo incredibly happy. Love to you all...

4 comments:

Kathy Beckett said...

Thanks for the pictures and the update. What a wonderful tribute to Cam's life! I love your heart and your concern for other children who are walking paths similar to Cam's. Keeping you all in my prayers. Love -

honeyash said...

awesome

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That toy box has been needed to be filled with some good stuff : )Thinking of you and hope you have a peaceful Christmas.

With understanding,
The Wasleys

Sheenea Strickland said...

That is incredible! Your generous, loving, kind and selfless spirit even during this sad time is truly what Christmas is all about. I love the phrase Cam is known for "The Best Day Ever". I have printed that picture off and plan to make a magnet for my refrigerator so that every time I look at it, I will be reminded of the many ways Cameron blessed others in his 10 short years on earth and how I should try and do the same. Thank you again for your willingness to share your heart with others.