Well for the first time since we found out about Cameron's relapse, I am updating the blog instead of EJ. I'm not sure why but this time around, it has been much more difficult for me to talk about what is going on with Cameron. So EJ has been keeping everyone updated the past few months but tonight I decided to sit down and write myself.
Yesterday things went smoothly at Duke. Cameron's weight was up a bit which was exciting and he was in the best of spirits. I wasn't able to go to clinic with EJ and Cameron and so they stopped by Quintiles to meet me for lunch on their way home. Truly the best part of my day. Cameron was in the best of spirits and chatted up anyone and everyone who would stop by to tell him hello! He attitude continues to amaze me. Today, however, was a totally different story. He woke up sick to his stomach and stayed that way for most of the day. He was able to get a few "cat naps" in between the spells of nausea and around 3 o'clock seemed to be feeling better. When he finally woke up, he had definitely turned the corner and requested a veggie sub from Subway (his favorite these days). By this evening he was back to his happy silly self; the Cameron we all love! Cameron will continue his chemo through the weekend. One of his good friends is having a spend the night party on Friday and he is really excited about going so please be in prayer that he will be feeling good and able to attend.
Without a doubt, the past month has been extremely hard for me. I don't think I will ever understand why we have had to walk this journey but am determined to start taking a few lessons from my sweet son and focus on life one moment at a time; being thankful for what we have now and trying not to worry about tomorrow. And today, I have two great boys, a wonderful husband and a Lord who is still carrying me even when I wonder if He is there!
2 comments:
LeAnn, I'm so happy to hear from you again! I love seeing into EJ's heart in his posts, but I am so glad to hear a word from you, too! I just want you to know that I am praying for your family. I am also praising God for the witness you are for Him...not by putting up some fake facade of Christianity, but by your honesty and stubborn faith in God. Love to you all!
To My little sister in christ. I remember the 1st time we meet how you impressed me with your faith and love of God. Since then you have been one of the best examples of how God loves us for mr to see here on earth. You are so right "even when we doubt" I think that is when he gives us an extra dose of His love. kathy said it so nocely, glad you not pretend, and are real. You and yours will continue to be in my prayers often. Tell Cam I still am waiting for allof us to go shopping when he is having a good day! Please let us know how we can pray for or help you. Rhonda Quattlebaum
Post a Comment