I have to share with you all yesterday’s God moment. This week has been a really trying time for both Cameron and me. He hasn’t felt really well this week and as a result, the both of us have pretty much been confined to the house. For those of you who know me, you know, sitting alone with nobody to talk to isn’t really my forte. So Thursday night, as Connor and Ernest were at a softball game, I put Cameron to bed early and as I was laying beside him, I began to really cry out to the Lord for strength and endurance for myself and of course, healing for Cameron. I began praying, “Lord, show me something, something that will carry me through this time.” So yesterday morning, I woke up and began looking through my bible. The Lord led me to Isaiah 40: 28-31 which states “The Lord is the Everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” I immediately added this verse to the conglomeration of verses I take with us to the hospital, read back over it a few times and went on about my day. However, I thought of this all day…”He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.” WOW! On my way home yesterday afternoon, I was listening to KLOVE and the song “Everlasting God” by Lincoln Brewster came on. I quickly turned up the radio, remembering the verse the Lord gave me that morning. For those of you not familiar with the song, the ending has a child quoting the verses from Isaiah written above. As soon as the verse was finished, there was a caller on KLOVE. He was calling in to the radio station to praise and glorify God because his son, last year, was diagnosed with MEDULLOBLASTOMA (exactly what Cameron was diagnosed with) and his son had just been giving a clean bill of health and is now cancer free. I began to cry and found myself shaking. The night before I had prayed for God to show me something BIG to let me know He had everything under control. The following day, the Lord not only gave me a verse but affirmed His power through the radio with the exact scripture followed by a survival story of the exact cancer my son is battling. The world would call that coincidence, but I KNOW it was the voice of God letting me know things were in His hands; He has not grown weary! I have renewed strength today and guess what, Cameron seems better too. I’ve said it before but I’m going to say it again…How Great Is Our God!!!
LeAnn
3 comments:
LeAnn,
Thanks so much for sharing your God moment. He continually amazes me! I will keep praying that Cameron feels better and that he will be healed through all of this. I have read each of your updates and although I don't always get a chance to respond please know I continue to think about you guys all the time.
I must say, Isaiah 40 was exactly what I needed to hear today. I was just finishing lunch and feeling sooo exhausted. I was wondering how I was going to finish packing everything and drive all night to CT. I was definitely feeling overwhelmed and your update has lifted me up and rejuvenated me.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Kelly
that right there is totally amazing. what a story to share!!
LeAnn, you will never know how your faith and the faith of your family encourages and lifts others. Something I never knew but am learning, finally, is that we are the BODY of Christ, and we do bear one another's burdens, and just as our own bodies need each other's parts, we need each other. It has blessed me so much to learn from you. Thank you for your courage and faith to share this time. I pray for you and Ernest and both of the children every day. I love you all, Love Aunt Jan
Post a Comment