Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Not a great week

Wish the news was better from the Jackson house but Cameron has not had a very good week. He has been sleeping a lot and complaining of back and neck pain. I guess the only thing that shocks me about this is that it has taken this long to hit him. His legs are getting weaker and weaker by the day and it is becoming rather difficult for him to get around. It's heartbreaking for Ernest and I to watch. And I hurts my heart even more to think how Connor is processing this. Cancer just sucks and it affects so many areas of life. Please keep us all in your prayers as I feel like things are progressing with Cameron.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you all.

Michael

Kathy Beckett said...

I wish there was something we could do for you to make things better. We certainly will continue to ask for God's grace, mercy and comfort to be poured on your family. Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Hey LeAnn, I am so sorry that this hasn't been a good week for you all! My heart breaks with you. Praying for you all today and everyday. Words seem so inadequate..so, I won't ramble on. Please know I am here. Love you all, Shannon Lamm

Anonymous said...

So sorry it has been a difficult week. Thanks for the update. It helps in praying specifically for you.
Debbie Whorley

Anonymous said...

LeAnn & Ernest,
We will also be praying for God's grace and mercy on your family. Specifically, we will ask for everyone's pain to subside!
Lots of love sent your way,
The Ridouts

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers are headed your way. Wishing you all peace and comfort. Hugs and kisses to my favorite kid.
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Love and prayers to you all!

Lisa & Noah Bailey

Anonymous said...

I think about and pray for you and your family often and continue to follow your updates on Cameron. So sorry it's been a tough week. I pray that God will ease Cameron's pain and that He will shower you with love, peace, and comfort. Please know we're all lifting up prayers for each of you. Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated.
With love,
Paige Johnson (Cole's Mom)

Debbie said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for all of you. I agree, cancer is rotten, especially when it hurts the ones we love. I pray God will hold you close and provide you comfort even when it doesn't make sense.

greg said...

Thinking about and praying often for your family.