Cameron was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma in Febuary of 2008. After his tumor resection surgery, he underwent six weeks of radiation therapy and four months of chemotherapy. After these treatments, we went back into our "normal" lives and Cameron progressed well getting back into school and the day-to-day of being a little boy.



However, a routine MRI on March 19, 2010 showed his cancer had returned. On November 9th, 2011, Cameron finally conquered his battle with cancer when he opened his eyes to the joys of heaven. Even in these dark days, we know God has richly blessed us by putting so many wonderful people in our path during this journey and we are so very thankful for them all.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good times!

We have had the most amazing few weeks. Cameron is now completely off his steroid and so far, so good. He is back to his old self walking around singing, dancing, and just being goofy. Yesterday, he got out of the recliner and went and sat down in the floor and starting playing with his cars again. I love it. This afternoon, a good friend worked it out that Ernest could take a convertible corvette out for a few hours. I wish each of you could have seen Cameron, and Connor's face, when EJ drove up in the drive in a brand new, red convertible corvette. Cameron had a smile from ear to ear...and I think EJ was a wee bit happy too. Haha!!! Every giggle, song, and silly comment is a gift from above. I struggle because at times I forget that while life is so good, we still have cancer looming.

It's Easter week and a time of the year when I really reflect on the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross many years ago. In the midst of this horrible storm with Cameron, the one thing that keeps my feet moving is knowing that I have a Savior who is walking every step of this journey with me. And better yet, He has already paved the way for our entire family today, tomorrow, and for years to come. I'll never understand but I don't think I'm supposed to.

3 comments:

honeyash said...

wow. hard to make my overwhelmed self slow down long enough to be moved lately, but you moved my heart and made me cry. sweet family! such faith! happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Your family is an inspiration to us all. You are showing us how we should all be living our lives.
Lynda Brown

Anonymous said...

I bet ole EJ wishes that vette was going to be parked in the drive for awhile!!! At least he got to drive it and "look good" for a little bit. I know ALL those boys had big smiles. Glad to see the good report and that Cameron is feeling like playing. Wow. Pray that you have had a blessed Easter and it helps to be reminded that our Heavenly Father has everything under control as you said - yesterday, today, and forever!! How can we loose if we are His!!