Today, Cameron’s six weeks of radiation came to an end. I cannot believe this portion of his treatment plan is over. Words cannot express the feelings of the day. When we began radiation six weeks ago, I was full of tears and an emotional wreck because my mind simply could not process what my sweet little six year old was going through. I was so scared for him and uncertain of how he would handle his treatments. Today, I again, found myself driving to Duke with eyes full of tears. This time, they were tears of joy. There is no doubt as to the strength the Lord gave us all through these few weeks, especially Cameron. He is abounding in strength that could only come from our Lord Jesus. And there is no doubt the Lord placed the right technicians in Cameron’s path; individuals who would show much patience with him and who, I believe, began to really love being around him. When we walked out of Duke South today, I almost felt like I was leaving behind part of our family.
The end of radiation means a six week break from Duke followed by the start of Cameron’s chemotherapy. I have to be honest that with the excitement of radiation coming to an end, there is a bit of increased anxiety knowing chemotherapy is around the corner. However, the Lord reminded me this morning what His word says in Matthew, “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself.” Easier said than done! As we enjoy this six week break, I will try to not worry about what is down the road for I know the details have already been worked out. The Lord has carried us through so many battles thus far; I know He will not leave us now. I have to share that as I was fixing supper tonight, my neighbor called to tell me there was a rainbow outside. Scriptures tell us after the flood, the Lord sent a rainbow as a promise He would never deliver such an act again to the Earth. I thought of that as I looked over the trees today. Wow, a rainbow, the sign of God’s covenant between himself and mankind, given on Cameron’s last day of treatments! How can I doubt? To Him be the glory for all he has done and will continue to do in the life of Cameron!
Blessings to you all!
LeAnn
2 comments:
Wow. I remember thinking "it's a long road ahead." It's wonderful to be at this point and look back and see how far he's traveled.
I know you all will handle these next steps with grace and strength from above.
LeAnn, again I must say that I am so proud of you; of how your faith is continuing to grow in the face of such challenge. Of course I am proud of Cam, but I still see you as a little girl. I am praying daily for God to bless your whole family and give you peace that passes all understanding. It is obvious God hears all of our prayers and He is getting the Glory through all of you. I love you, Aunt Jan
Post a Comment