Ernest and Connor left today, heading for the
My mom brought my nephew, Miles, up for the week. This was really good for Cameron because Connor tracked back into school this week. I was a little worried how Cameron would handle his brother suddenly being gone but Miles definitely filled the void. Cameron has enjoyed playing video games with Miles and taking him around Duke University Medical Center; a tour which consisted of Cam’s three favorite things; a ride on the tram, a visit to the ninth floor to see the helicopter, and then, of course, a fifth floor visit to watch the fish.
Ms. Germano came by twice this week for school. Cameron looks forward to her visits and seems to be jumping right back into his work with ease and enjoyment. As a matter of fact, each day he asks “mom is this a school day?” I know he really misses being in class with his friends. Speaking of school today was really special because Cameron got to visit his class and then join them for their kindergarten group photo. I almost cried watching him stand there with his friends, eyes bright and a big smile across his face. Wow…how far we have come in just a short amount of time.
It’s hard to believe that we are over halfway through his radiation treatments. We are so blessed that Cameron has handled the radiation well and thus far, has not been nauseated. I continue to stand in awe of the Lord’s miraculous work in the life of my sweet Cameron. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We’ll be in touch again soon!
4 comments:
I am so glad Cameron is doing well. I have prayed and had many people praying. I am so proud of you LeAnn! God has blessed you with faith and I know He is watching over you and your family. Love, Aunt Jan
Just wanted to let Cameron know that Haley was so excited that Cameron was in school today for the class picture. She has said that she misses hearing him say "see you tomorrow Haley" as he would get off the bus. Glad to know that you are half way there.
The Schwarz Family
it's definitely amazing how far Cameron has come. it was great seeing him on friday for our class picture. continue staying strong. i'm praying for you guys!
He is adorable with or without hair!!! I bet you are right LeAnn. He is going to end up with Patrick Dempsey hair! Let us know what else we can do to help. We love you guys and love having Connor over.
Maria
Post a Comment